Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Tempting the Muse....

Even for autumn, the weather was mild. A warm gentle breeze blew over the Sloth meadow, carrying with it the discreet musky scents common in the autumn months. Golden shafts of sunlight, peeking through the red and gold leaves of the mighty Oak, illuminated the red and black tartan pattern of the large flannel blanket that was laid out underneath the great tree.

From across the bright sunlit meadow, she emerged from the dark forests beyond. With angelic grace, she strode towards the great Oak. Her long dark hair, flowing in the gentle autumn breeze, twisted and swayed upon the currents of air, as if performing a delicate dance. As sunlight radiated it's warmth upon her face she smiled that soft, delicate, knowing smile of hers that warms the hearts of so many. As she got closer to the Oak the sunlight made her soft, depth-less blue-grey eyes sparkle like precious gemstones.

When she reached the blanket, I knelt and bowed my head before her. Clasping her soft elegant hands in my own, I looked into her bright soulful eyes. "My Lady LazyMuse. You honor me with your presence", I spoke with humbled tones. "Please, won't you join me for a light lunch on this beautiful afternoon?"

Graciously, she accepted. After making ourselves comfortable on the blanket, I proceeded to pour her a glass of dark red wine. After some idle chit-chat, we decided to proceed with this, Sloth's first official interview with none other than the legendary LazyMuse herself!!!

1. When/How did you discover Kongregate?

I joined Kongregate on June 26, 2007. I think I may have linked to Kong via jayisgames, a site I used to go to a lot.


2. At what point did you realize you were 'hooked' on Kong? Was there any particular person (besides myself) or game which kept you coming back for more?

I've always been a big fan of Flash games, (probably because I can play them at work) and while there are some great gaming sites out there, Kongregate had lots of neat features like badges and chat that made it feel more like a community. I think its that aspect of Kong that got me hooked, it certainly wasn't the games, as my first two badges were Castlewars and Rings!


3. When did you/How did you come to find Sloth, and make it your home?

Not long after I joined Kongregate I found Digg Mark 1, which is a great room run by Chitown15. DM1 is just chock full of great people, and there is almost always a least a mod or two in there no matter what time it is. After I became a mod, I thought I should contribute a little more to the Kongregate community and decided to spend some time in rooms that did not have a regular mod. Scanning through the chat room list one day I saw Sloth, and I thought, "Well, that sounds like a good place for a LazyMuse to hang out." Turns out, Sloth was this little gem of a chat room with lots of great people in it, I've been there ever since.


4. Who was the first person who friended you on Kong (or who did you first friend)?

Two of the people I first met on Kongregate were CrazyCruiser and TheTall0ne, they were both so friendly and welcoming.


5. What are your top 3 favorite games on Kong?

Wow, that's a tough one. I really enjoy puzzle games, so lately Wooden Path has been a favorite of mine. I also enjoyed games like Protector, Monster's Den and Pandemic.


6. What inspired your username? Any stories behind it?

In real life I'm an artist, and sometimes struggle with staying motivated and inspired. I like to say that my muse is lazy.


7. What has been your most memorable Kongregate moment(good or bad)?

I remember how sad I was when everyone's impossible badge for Last Stand was taken away because too many people were cheating. Many of us had worked really hard for that achievement only to have it spoiled by cheaters.


8. What is an interesting thing about you not many people know?

That I'm a professor of art, I've lived on 3 continents and I sometimes breed tropical fish.


9. Do you have any interesting stories that describe you as a person, or illustrate what a 'day in the life' of LazyMuse is?

It's really pretty boring actually. I've gone back to school to work on a Master's Degree in Library and Information Science, so I pretty much spend most of my days in front of a computer, and I try to spend my evenings doing my art work. I don't go out much, as I try to save as much money as I can for traveling, my next trip is to Japan!


10. If you could change just ONE thing about Kongregate, what would it be?

Since I've been part of the Kongregate community for over a year and half now, I think it's pretty safe to say that I really enjoy it and there aren't many things I would change. But if I had to make a suggestion it would be that Kongregate should come out with more stuff you could buy like t-shirts, bags and maybe even real badges! ( I think that might be the girl scout in me talking!)


There you have it Sloth! The 10 things you wanted to know about LazyMuse, but were afraid to ask. Hope you enjoyed this little segment. More will follow. Stay happy! Stay Slothy! =)

Tarlanon

(For the record, she twisted my arm into feeding her grapes from the picnic basket by hand).

8 comments:

  1. I felt kind of dirty reading the intro.. I was waiting for you to shower her supple white flesh with kisses or something...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo...Good idea stpetedude!

    *Makes notes for his interview with Zilflap*

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. (in other words, no comment)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, no supple fleshy kisses! :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tarl, were you wearing your starwars outfit at the time ;p i'm picturing it now...hmmm therapist required now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok during the interview i was getting exited BUT then yah you had to spoil it for me thanks..................THERE SPAWN HATH SPOKEN!!!!


    P.S willing to sign autographs

    ReplyDelete
  7. same as with wat StPeteDude said lol

    ReplyDelete